Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Laurie b "Housewares"

I was at a party recently and met someone new.  She asked me what style my house is.  Before I could answer, my friend's husband stepped in and said, "Her house looks just like she dresses."  I looked down at my outfit and noticed the muted colors, ripped jeans and flowing top.  It did remind me of my house. Magazines often feature turning a room into an outfit or vice versa.  I never really thought about the connection.  I guess I dress myself like I dress my house.  It makes sense.

One of my favorite designers is Laurie b.  Some of my prized knitwears from her Spring 2011 collection, which fills my closet, are shown below.  What do you think?  Can you see the translation?  

"Forward thinking...vintage inspired...finest yarns...natural fibers...fun, flirty and anything but basic."  These are definitely looks I strive for in my home and my wardrobe.  Does your wardrobe match your home?










From Laurie b's website....

Born in Los Angeles and raised in Oaxaca, Mexico, Laurie Brazeau became enthralled with the fine-gauge knits while living in France. Infinitely more glamorous, elegant, and diverse than the pervading sweater knits of America, they opened her eyes to the possibility of reinterpreting fashion usually showcased in woven styles through comfortable, wearable knits.
After graduating from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles, she founded her first label, Brazeau Tricot, in 1991. Five years later she debuted Laurie b., her current line of women’s knits, which features styles that are simultaneously forward-thinking and vintage-inspired. As luxurious to the hand as they are to the eye, each of Brazeau’s pieces are made from the finest yarns and natural fibers, including fine Italian combed cotton, linen, cashmere blends, or baby alpaca.
Because Brazeau believes that fit makes all the difference, each of her creations is designed to complement a women’s body and her varied wardrobe. But equally important is that they feel fun, flirty and anything but basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment