Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY 1-2-3: An Old School Chair Gets a Fresh Seat

Last month, I spent a day in Berkeley hunting around some of favorite remodel haunts-- Urban Ore, Ohmega Salvage and for sustenance and fresh produce galore-- Berkeley Bowl

I found a pair of these cute, vintage schoolhouse chairs at Urban Ore for $8 a piece.  I scooped them up right away along with a lab beaker and some other prized trinkets for a fraction of what they would cost me at a vintage shop.


Before, It just needed a good scrub and a light sanding


Post 30-minute sand-down with my Palm Sander

Briwax Central BR-1-CL Clear Paste Wax 1 lb
Plus a coat of Briwax paste-- my favorite!




Voila!
I refinished two chairs in an hour.  These will make great desk chairs for the kid's desks when they are older.  For now, they are at home in the dining room for extra seating during parties.  Cute, fun, and inexpensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment